Laptop Dolly News: Introducing the new Prosup LapTop Dolly
The LapTop Dolly has undergone a significant change in design. 12 Years ago we first launched the camera LapTop Dolly. In those years we heard feedback, tips and a lot of positive messages. We kept all this data in mind. This makes the new LapTop Dolly the most advance, state-of-the-art travelling cart. The new Dolly is not only the base for tripods or riser/swivel combinations but it can now be equipped with receptacles for Vinten and Sachtler’s removable pedestal columns.
The request for this new feature came in from numerous OB productions.
While designing the new camera LapTop Dolly we added new and great features to the Dolly. The number of possible camera positions has increased, the comfort level has improved and a few smart features have been added.
The new design features:
- three 100mm bowls are now already mounted onto the dolly’s platform so that low shots can be done without any extra effort
- the cut-outs to mount camera tripods now work with most manufacturer’s sticks. Using the manufacturer’s rubber hooks is an ingenious solution which provides utmost stability and safety
- there are now additional receptacles to mount the cameraman’s swivel seat allowing for much more space behind the camera
- twin tyres are new and available for all four wheels providing for much smoother ground moving
- last but not least the LapTop Dolly now comes with its own track package of almost 20 ft (6m) of straight track. Prosup uses the seamless Tango lightweight track based on their centerfold collapsing system which does not extend the tracks when folded for transport.
Highlights of the new Prosup LapTop Dolly
- The new LapTop Dolly now comes with its own track package of almost 20ft or 6m of straight track. With this track comes a integrated wheel lock for using the LapTop Dolly on these tracks. (Picture: 1)
- Twin tyres are now available for all four wheels providing for much smoother ground moving. (Picture: 2)
- The LapTop Dolly can now also accept Vinten and Sachtler pedestal columns. This makes the LapTop Dolly more appealing to rental companies and OB productions. (Picture: 3)
- Steering handle and push bar also have been re-engineered and have a new look. (Picture: 4)
- Even with these new features the LapTop Dolly is travel ready in it’s original Pelicase. (Picture: 5)