LapTop Dolly review in Broadcast Film & Video edition 07-2017
Prosup has just launched their next generation of laptop dollies which all of a sudden makes this Western dolly the most advanced, state-of-the-art travelling cart as it becomes a multipurpose tool.
Unlike the many Prosup laptop dollies which are in use with many UK rental houses for over a decade, the new LapTop Dolly is not only a dolly base to accept tripods or riser/swivel support combinations. Now it can be equipped with receptacles for both Vinten and Sachtler’s removable pedestal columns – a feature requested by numerous OB productions. Needless to say that the Prosup / CaSu team came up with a lot of other new and nice features, including:
- Three 100mm bowls are now already mounted onto the dolly’s platform so that low shots can be done without any extra effort.
- The cut-outs to mount camera tripods now work with most manufacturer’s sticks. Using the manufacturer’s rubber hooks is an ingenious solution which provides utmost stability and safety.
- There are now additional receptacles to mount the cameraman’s swivel seat allowing for much more space behind the camera.
- Twin tyres are new and available for all four wheels providing for much smoother ground moving.
- Last but not least, the LapTop Dolly now comes with its own track package of almost 20ft (6m) of straight track. Prosup uses the seamless Tango lightweight track based on their centerfold collapsing system which does not extend the tracks when folded for transport.
To wrap it up: thinking of a new dolly these days? Definitely check out the LapTop Dolly by – Prosup Professional Camera Support!
Interested in the lastest news – please visit http://www.broadcastfilmandvideo.com/